October 2006 Job Posts
Senior User Experience Designer
Renaissance Learning, Inc., the leading provider of computerized assessment and progress monitoring tools for pre-K - 12 schools and districts is looking for a user experience professional to join our User Experience team. If you are passionate about creating usable software, have experience planning and implementing usability techniques throughout the project lifecycle, and are interested in being part of a team that is positively impacting education throughout the nation, we want to talk to you!
In this position you must be dedicated to making the user experience as easy and intuitive as possible. As Senior User Experience Designer you will help evangelize a user-centered design process throughout Renaissance Learning. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
For prompt consideration: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 715-424-3414
or mail to:
Attn: Debbie Franz
P.O. Box 8036
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-8036
Usability Specialist at Fidelity Investments
Position type: Full-time
Duration: 6-month contract (with the possibility of renewal)
Location: Merrimack, NH (must be willing to travel to Boston and Marlborough, MA as needed)
Under the supervision of an experienced principal, director or vice president of human factors/usability, the usability specialist will:
Design and administer usability studies on a wide range of Fidelity products.
Analyze results and prepare reports detailing the outcome of usability studies with quick turn-around time.
Present findings with actionable recommendations to business sponsors and senior management.
Assist in all phases of usability test preparation, including recruiting, scheduling, and test script development.
Assist in the design and evaluation of Fidelity products based on knowledge of usability guidelines and research methods.
Initiate new strategies on how to improve the usability of Fidelity products and design process.
Work with internal Fidelity business units, including senior management, project managers, designers, information architects, editors, as well as outside vendors.
Minimum qualifications: An ideal candidate for this position will have:
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Human Factors/HCI/Cognitive Psychology, or related field
At least two years of relevant experience
Strong technical and analytical skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Understanding of the financial services industry
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Bill.Albert@fmr.com
The American Institutes for Research Workforce and Analysis Program (WRA) works collaboratively with clients to improve individual, team and organizational performance. The WRA prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state and private organizations. This position is located in Washington, DC.
This candidate will serve on a wide variety of projects related to program evaluation, training, job analysis, test validation, employment retention and data analysis. General responsibilities in addition to technical duties include serving as a task leader, interfacing with AIR clients, preparing and managing project budgets and contributing to proposals.
This position requires an MA or PhD in Human Factors, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Applied Experimental Psychology, Business or related field; experience or background in program evaluation, psychometrics, human performance measurement, job/task analysis and/or research design; and proficiency in data analysis using SAS. Candidates for this position must be US citizens and be able to obtain a secret security clearance or higher. Some travel may be required.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including tuition reimbursement and a transportation subsidy. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com and reference job number 4978 or 4979. EOE.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR), a highly regarded not-for-profit research organization specializing in human factors, psychology, health and other social policy issues, seeks a part-time, temporary Research Assistant to support a number of different usability projects based in our Concord, MA office.
The Research Assistant will support a diverse range of projects in consumer health, educational technology, assistive technology and e-commerce. This candidate will be responsible for supporting mid- and senior-level usability specialists. While this position is junior-level, we expect our Research Assistants to do more than just take notes...we are looking for an individual who can be ready to run a test session with minimal training.
This position requires a BA, or significant progress towards a BA, in psychology, human factors or information design and have some experience conducting usability research. Must have be able to work with others as part of a research team and have excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Limited travel may be required.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com and reference job number 4989. EOE.
Mad*Pow is an industry leading design studio that specializes in defining and designing User Experiences for internal systems, client-facing applications, marketing and Ecommerce websites, and interactive media.
We are the firm that Fortune 500's hire to create concepts for the future of their sites and systems. We work on stimulating projects with big brands. We are growing and we are energetic. We are based in beautiful and historic Portsmouth, NH and service clients all over the world.
If you are a creative, user centered, logical, flexible and fun team player then you need to join us!
As an User Experience Designer you will be responsible for:
* Personas: Defining target users and authoring detailed user personas
* User Research: Conducting contextual inquiry (in person observation & interviews) with target users to understand their mental models and behaviors.
* Research Analysis: Analyzing information gained during user research and also conducting heuristic and competitive analysis.
* Recommendation Authoring: Writing recommendation reports based on research
* Task Flow Creation: Conceptualizing ideal user paths/task flows/scenarios
* IA Design: Building the information architecture and navigational system
* Screen Inventory Building: Identifying key sreen types and generating full screen inventories
* Interface Concepting: Creating High Level Interface Concepts
* Interface/Wireframe Design: Designing Wireframes concepts (Macromedia Fireworks Experience a plus)
* Usability Testing: Conducting usability testing, analyzing the results and creating a recommendations report.
* Giving feedback to our other team members whether during peer review or during brainstorming sessions
* Collaborating with our visual designers to create the visual design layer (Visual Design Experience is a plus)
* Communicating requirements and trouble shooting with client dev/tech teams (Proficiency with "devspeak" is a plus)
* Receiving direction from our chief experience officer and chief creative officer
* Keeping lines of communication open with our production and project management staff
Qualities we are looking for:
* Creativity & Analytical Skills: We are looking for someone who can quickly absorb technical information, analyze it and come up with solid solutions. Someone who understands the parameters of a project and then innovates within those boundaries, someone who knows the rules and when to break them.
* Communication/Attitude: We are looking for someone who is a great communicator, with both internal team members and clients. We are looking for open, honest, fun, positive and friendly creatives who thrive on challenging work and a fast paced atmosphere.
* Presentation Skills/Independence: We are looking for a candidate that can present their ideas to clients during workshops and presentations, and someone that can hold their own when on site with a client.
* Flexibility: We are a flexible shop, and we are looking for candidates who also are flexible. You will be able to work from home or in the office to create deliverables. When collaboration is required, we will work together in the office. Some weeks will require over 40 hours, and when that happens we will compensate with flex time/days off, etc.
* Project Management: The ability to organize yourself, raise flags, set expectations with clients and team members is essential.
* Travel: In this position you must be willing to travel whether driving to a local workshop, or flying to a client location for a few days. We have families too and will always try to work within reasonable scheduling constraints.
This is a full-time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly growing company, competitive salary and great benefits.
We are a results driven firm. We deliver on our client's business goals and we enjoy doing it. This is why we have been so successful, therefore:
Candidates who include an example in their cover letter of how their efforts produced results on a specific project or within an organization, will be given preferential treatment. Also a link to a portfolio or case studies would be helpful.
Contact us via email at email@example.com, visit our website at www.madpow.net.
Please no recruiters and no phone calls!
We will only look at candidates who can commute to Portsmouth, NH.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is seeking Research Associates to support our national security and intelligence practice area. The position will support project efforts including the development and application of training evaluation, workforce assessment, job analysis, measurement, personnel selection, test development, statistical analysis and other applied psychology techniques. This position is located in Washington, DC.
This candidate will work as part of a research team providing assistance in the following areas: designing/conducting training courses or program evaluations, conducting workforce analyses, planning and conducting quantitative analyses; organizing and documenting analytical results and research procedures; preparing technical reports and journal articles; presenting topics to clients and the public; designing and conducting research projects for federal and private sponsors; and writing or contributing to competitive proposals for applied social science research.
Candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the TS/SCI level. A B.A., M.A./M.S. or equivalent experience in industrial/organizational psychology, psychometrics, instructional systems design, human resources, organizational behavior, testing and measurement or other related research field are required. Experience conducting quantitative research; ability to work with others as part of a research team; experience with statistical software; ability to efficiently prepare documents and conduct analyses; excellent communication skills; strong methodological background; and an interest in publishing are required. Experience using Microsoft Access or survey development software is preferred. Periodic travel may be required.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.air.org and reference job number 4951. EOE
Job Title: UI Designer
Company: BatchBlue Software
Description: BatchBlue is a new company committed to creating useful, user-friendly software for growing businesses. We’re looking for a smart, savvy designer who understands clean Web 2.0 UI design and aesthetics to help us build the first of many web-based product offerings. Fluency in design technologies (hand-coding HTML, CSS) and standards-based design are essential. Some familiarity with web-database technologies, web application development (AJAX, DHTML and DOM Scripting, Rails) and multimedia applications a plus.
Recent design school grads are encouraged to apply for this part-time, virtual position. This is a great opportunity for the right person as our company is growing fast. Come join the fun!
For more information about the company, please see our Web site at
Location: Providence, RI
To apply: To apply, send resume, salary requirements, and sample website ui/design to firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Graphics Designer, NPR Digital Media
NPR Digital Media is looking for a talented multimedia designer who will be responsible for daily art and design needs for NPR.org, the online presence of National Public Radio. This person will be responsible for the design and production of news and other editorial graphics and interactive storytelling applications, including information graphics, charts, illustrations and maps. This person will also occasionally work on projects for other NPR Digital Media initiatives, such as the NPR Shop and external digital marketing efforts.
Duties include working closely with individual story producers and editors, photo/video editors, and other team members to identify daily opportunities for visual storytelling and information visualization; designing and producing infographics, annotated maps, explanatory illustrations, studio slideshows, and other multimedia modules; and develops illustrations to brand individual content features.
* BA in Graphics, Art or Design from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
* three years professional experience as a graphic artist/designer, preferably in a news or other journalistic environment
* three years professional experience in Web design and/or graphics
* demonstrated ability as an illustrator
* expert-level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
* ability to juggle demands of multiple competing projects under tight deadlines.
* experience developing visualizations of geographic and/or quantitative information
* experience with digital animation
* experience with news-based photo or video editing, photography, or videography
* writing/proofreading skills
* familiarity with HTML and standards-based CSS layout.
NPR Digital Media is NPR on the Web, mobile devices, and other emerging platforms. We are a multimedia broadcast operation that serves news, music and entertainment to a rapidly growing audience of five million users monthly. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter (referencing position #1559) describing your qualifications, and URLs with portfolio samples to:
National Public Radio
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax (202) 513-3047
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principal Human Factors Scientist
Medtronic. Careers with a passion for life.
As the world's leading medical technology company, we provide lifelong solutions to people with chronic disease. Every 5 seconds the life of someone somewhere in the world is improved by a Medtronic product or therapy. We also are dedicated to the total well-being of our employees and have been recognized for seven of the last nine years by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For in America." Work with the kind of people who not only love what they do but why they do it.
1. Responsible for human factors activities across product lifecycles and across Medtronic's product range.
2. Human Factors responsibilities across the product lifecycle include customer needs identification, user and workplace profiles, task analysis and scenario development, user interface design, usability testing and post-launch outcomes analysis.
3. Human Factors responsibilities across the range of Medtronic products include developing physical user interfaces of implanted and external products, graphic user interfaces, product graphics and learning aids.
4. Applies knowledge of human factors principles such as an understanding of human performance and limitations (perceptual, cognitive, motor skills and anthropometrics) and techniques (knowledge acquisition, user interface design, and usability evaluation).
5. Human Factors Engineering activities are performed within the constraints of a complex, regulated environment; and in partnership with other design (SW, FW, HW, Systems Engineering), research, technology, product planning, clinical, regulatory, and marketing groups.
6. Additional tasks include standards development, in-house training and popularizing of HF role. (But little selling, HF is already widely accepted as a key technology at Medtronic.)
1. Lead the completion of major projects by providing expertise in multiple roles in the product development lifecycle through deep knowledge about system functionality across multiple systems, and/or through deep knowledge of system functionality.
2. Lead several human factors engineering activities at once in the product development lifecycle including identifying, planning, monitoring, and executing tasks for entire project.
3. Develop technical solutions to complex, system-wide usability problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
4. Apply advanced knowledge of biomedical/human factors engineering principles, cardiac rhythm management systems, and human factors engineering processes to the definition, design and evaluation of products.
5. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
Master's degree in human factors, usability engineering, or cognitive/experimental psychology or Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering with extensive human factors coursework. High tolerance for change, able to multi-task continuously, willing to travel, and able to quickly pick up advanced domain knowledge.
A 5-10 year history of working on human factors design and evaluation of medica, business or consumer products.
Proven track record of applying various human factors/usability engineering principles and tools in the design and evaluation of hardware and software products. Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams that may include other HF experts. Proven track record of applying various human factors/usabiliy engineering tools in a product brought to market. Excellent team, interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills.
PhD in one of the above disciplines. Working knowledge of cardiac function. Experience teaching human factors and usability engineering concepts to a diverse audience.
With people like you who have purpose, potential and passion, we'll supply physicians and their patients around the world with the means to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. To route your resume directly to the hiring department, visit www.medtronic.com/employment, select Requisition # 53111 and apply online using "Apply to this Job" or "Add to Cart" No agencies or phone calls, please. Medtronic is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
The ideal candidate will have 1- 3 years of experience in usability engineering, including user analysis, interface design, and usability testing. Experience in usability work for commercial applications (Internet, Intranet, back office, products) is preferred, as well as consulting experience in corporate and government settings. A graduate degree in psychology (human factors, cognitive, engineering or experimental) or a field related to human-computer interaction is required. We will consider a recent graduate with a Masters degree.
This position will work directly under the Executive Director and spend 50% of their time as a Lead Usability Analyst and 50% as a Project Manager. As a Lead Usability Analyst, you must be able to produce excellent written deliverables, and communicate clearly with the client. You will be asked to perform the entire range of usability work.
As a Project Manager, you will consult with the Executive Director on scope and specific objectives for projects. You will also assist in monitoring and reviewing team schedules and deliverable timelines to effectively manage issues and make recommendations if necessary to achieves resolution. These duties require strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Some travel is necessary. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Human Factors International is a world leader in the field of usability. You will be able to work on a variety of projects and work with some of the top, creative people in the usability field.
Resumes can be e-mailed. Contact Jim Garrett, email@example.com.
Director, Usability and Design
* Responsible for establishing a vision for User-Centered Design
* Owns definition of the IA and Design portions of the product development process
* Leads the Usability and Design team
* Oversee teams involvement in all product development projects
* Over 7 years of usability and design experience
* Experience working in cross-functional teams and with various levels of management
* Strong leadership and excellent written and oral communication skills
* Comfortable communicating with and taking input from a variety of people, including senior management
* Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
* Experience managing and mentoring others
* Experience managing outside vendors, freelancers and partners
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Cognitive, or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or related field, or demonstrated related job experience (Master's degree preferred)
* Proven record of designing superior, easy to use interfaces that adheres to best practices established by usability community
* Solid understanding of web technology, including technical capabilities and limitations
* Ability to understand and articulate complex design problems in a manner that drives idea generation and market impacting solutions
* Expert understanding of methods for designing easy to use interfaces, including user and task analysis personae, scenarios, usability testing, information architecture, interface design and Heuristic Evaluation.
* Demonstrated ability to document designs in scenarios, workflows, site architectures, interaction notes, and page template/wireframe formats
* Experience defining usability research projects
Please apply online: www.tribjobs.com
USABILITY ANALYST (GR000561)
Florida College Center for Library Automation (CCLA). CCLA is a collaborative state-funded organization established in 1989, to provide and maintain the Library Information Network for Community Colleges (LINCC) to Florida’s 70+ community college libraries. (http://www.cclaflorida.org)
The individual selected for this position will develop and administer usability tests and test plans; assists with quality assurance testing; and be responsible for all aspects of user-centered product design and development within CCLA for internal, external and new products. Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Behavioral Science, Cognitive Psychology, Information Design, and/or Information Studies and two (2) years of relevant work experience in usability testing and user centered design processes; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years applying these skills to the design and development of enterprise web applications, which may be concurrent with other experience required.
Minimum starting salary $60,000 annually, commensurate with training and experience. An excellent fringe benefits package is offered to the successful candidate.
Application deadline 11/13/06 at 5 P.M.
If an accommodation is needed to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources; (850) 201-8510, TDD 201-8491 or FL Relay 711; fax 201-8489. Obtain and submit a mandatory Tallahassee Community College (TCC) employment application to Human Resources, TCC, 444 Appleyard Dr., Tallahassee, FL 32304-2895; visit the College’s website at www.tcc.fl.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org for position details and employment application.
*An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer *
Contact Person: Claudean Robinson
Design Director, NPR Digital Media
Establishes and oversees the visual identity of NPR Digital Media products and services; includes setting the overall visual direction for NPR.org and related properties based on business and user goals, and translating this into style guides, templates, and other design deliverables; manages and prioritizes resources for design projects and oversees work produced by internal designers, interns, or external vendors; performs significant hands-on-design work and consults on information design issues across the site. This is a full-time position.
B.A. in Graphics, Art, or Design from an accredited four-year college or university (or equivalent, relevant work experience); at least three to five years web experiences; five or more years experience in art direction/creative direction;
* Strong creative ability and perspective
* Experience with branding and tight deadlines
* Ability to multitask
* Command of web design technologies and methodologies
* Command of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design and presentation tools
* Strong grasp of current trends in website navigation, architecture, planning and usability matters
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to present ideas and design to a group
* Excellent collaboration skills, particularly in soliciting and incorporating critique and feedback from multiple stakeholders
* Demonstrated ability to work well independently or on a team, always showing respect for the diverse constituencies of NPR and within the public radio system
* Experience in consumer media, particularly publication design in a journalism setting strongly preferred (print, broadcast or Web)
* Experience with information graphics and visualizing quantitative data
* Experience with animation/motion design
* Equal ability and facility within Mac & Windows environments
* Strong writing and proofreading skills
NPR is a growing multi-media based operation. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including three weeks of annual leave.
Send cover leter and resume, identifying position by number (#UPA 417) and title to:
NPR: Human Resources Department
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001-3753
E-mail - email@example.com
National Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Citrix is delivering the best application access experience every day to customers around the world. This is our unique passion - we are the only enterprise software company 100% focused on customer access. As the world’s leader and most trusted name in on-demand access, more than 160,000 organizations around the world use the Citrix Access Platform. Citrix customers include all of the Fortune 100 companies, 98% of the Fortune 500, and 98% of the Fortune Global 500, as well as hundreds of thousands of small businesses and individuals.
Citrix is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Human Factors/Usability/HCI/GUI Designer-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The Citrix Usability Design and Evaluation team has grown steadily over the last five years, and is now a global team of Human Factors Engineers and Usability practitioners who employ User Centered Design techniques to design and evaluate our products in Florida and the United Kingdom. In particular, the Product Development/Engineering department is recruiting for its UI Design Team.
As a Human Factors/Usability/HCI/GUI Designer you will be responsible for designing, validating and delivering quality usable interfaces for Citrix products. Depending on your experience, you will be involved in working on a range of Citrix projects and tasks including:
While working as part of an integrated team of product managers, software engineers, technical writers and customers you will demonstrate a confident approach to managing your own work and time, and contributing to the overall success of a product. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Florida and have 3 years of professional HCI design work experience with Windows-based applications. You will have excellent communication skills, a commitment to quality, an excellent eye for detail, proficiency with any kind of UI prototyping software and experience working with software development phases and building prototypes for usability testing
Education, Certification and Experience:
At Citrix, you’ll find an incredible wealth of professional opportunity in an outstanding work environment. Our employees enjoy some of the most competitive benefits found in the industry. The rich array of benefits we offer can greatly increase the value of your earning potential at Citrix. You’ll want to take advantage of these excellent perks. EOE.
TITLE: "Sr. Web Designer, Consumer Sites - Freelance"
Direct Internet marketing company seeks an outstanding senior level web (and print) designer with a passion and gift for making the complex simple, useful, and engaging to consumers. Location is not important - work from anywhere part time project to project with us. Flexible hours and deadlines.
Must have consumer design experience. We want our web sites to not just convey the right information clearly and quickly, but engage our customers and more. We have multiple web sites in the dog health and information space.
We know that our ability to communicate effectively through words, visuals, visual weight and organization, and interaction is critical. Beyond that, we want to establish a unique and impactful web presence that conveys powerfully the value of our products and services.
In order to achieve these goals, we're seeking a real pro with deep knowledge of the following:
* Design for usability with consumers
* Latest Visual design / graphic design principles
* Web 2.0 technologies
* Graphic design with artistic flair
We will consider full time in-house or a contract relationship. We are based in NYC, but you may work virtually from anywhere in US, Canada or UK. Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Interaction Designer
Landmark, in Houston, Texas, has a 2-3 month contract opportunity available for an interaction designer with the possibility of a permanent hire.
Design a configurable interface which launches Landmark’s Windows and Linux based applications. Deliver at least a wireframe design specification and an interactive prototype that will be used by an offshore team to develop the interface.
Duties include:Determining use cases by talking to the product managers and domain experts on the various application teams.
* Creating the interaction and visual design that conveys a rich and engaging user experience
* Successfully communicating conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationales, both verbally and visually
* Delivering at least a wireframe design specification which will be used by an offshore team for development
* Delivering an interactive prototype which can be usability tested.
* At least three years of interaction design experience, primarily for desktop applications
* Online portfolio or digital portfolio attached to resume
* Familiarity with Windows and Java interface design guidelines
* Some knowledge of and experience with usability principles and techniques
* Proficiency with design tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, Visio, and/or Canvas
* Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
* Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human factors, graphics design, fine arts, a related design discipline, or sufficient work experience
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work from Houston for at least the first few weeks and travel to Houston and/or Denver afterwards as required.
* Master's degree in interaction design, human factors, graphics design, fine arts, or a related design discipline
* Ability to deliver an interactive prototype in Flash, Java, or other development technology
**Your resume will only be reviewed if it includes a link to an online portfolio or an attached digital portfolio. **
Interested candidates should contact:
Sr. Staffing Specialist
Landmark Graphics Corporation
Lead Interaction Designer, Digitas, NY
Digitas has an opportunity for a full time Lead Interaction Designer who excels in interaction/experience design. The ideal candidate has balanced Interaction Design skills (IA and UI) as well as visual design sensibilities and understands how all disciplines must exist together to create experience design solutions.
* Information architecture and UI design
* Conceptual design, functional design, visual design and content development
* Audience profiling, process, work and task analysis and modeling, and site strategy
* Documentation such as site maps, wireframes, flow charts or user cases, functional & presentation specifications, and style guides
* Partnership with project management on development of project plans
* Partnership with copywriters, art directors and programmers
* Partnership with research on development of research plans
* Partnership with account/marketing on business goals and site strategy
* Partnership with technology on design feasibility
Research and Analysis:
* Conducting or guiding contextual and usability research
* Development of research approaches and application of appropriate research methodologies
* Competitive and content assessments
* Analysis and implementation of research results
* 5-7 years experience developing interactive products
* Demonstration of thought leadership through concept development and refinement
* The ability to lead and/or creative and ID teams
* Seasoned experience leading projects and designing sites and applications
* Seasoned experience generating audience insights, creating customer experiences, conducting research, detailing design and documentation
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in interaction design, art direction, visual design, human factors, or related fields is a plus
Microsoft User Experience Evangelists (San Francisco/Bay Area and New York)
Salary: $150,000 base + 20-40% bonus + stock, depending on experience
Are you/Do you have:
We are conducting searches for User Experience Evangelists (UXe’s) for Microsoft to work in the San Francisco/Bay Area and New York to engage the design community in a dialogue about the impact of user experience design on business and life. The company wishes to spread the good news about how its newest platforms and tools are set to lead the market in enabling designers and developers to build rich, immersive and compelling user experiences like never before. The UXe’s will be a critical part of the strategic end-user experience research group that delivers insights and feedback to the product development teams.
The ideal candidates will have experience in design and production of interactive content, and/or other related software sales or evangelism experience. They will have a high profile and be active within the design and/or UX communities. Their experience should include using professional design tools, interactive programming, building and delivering web and interactive content applications. In addition, they must have excellent communication skills and the ability to light a room on fire by delivering engaging presentations to a variety of audiences within the design community.
If this description describes you, please apply for this opportunity through our website, www.ritasue.com. Go to Candidate Information - Job Postings - User Interface/Web Design, fill out the form, be sure to attach your resume and work samples. Job # 4019.
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With seven million users, it’s not surprising that 100% of Fortune 100 firms are Autodesk customers. For the eleventh consecutive year, Autodesk clients have won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company for the manufacturing, infrastructure, building, media and entertainment, and wireless data services fields. Autodesk’s solutions help customers create, manage, and share their digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more productive, streamlining project efficiency, and maximizing profits.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California. For additional information about Autodesk, please visit http://www.autodesk.com.
Title: Product Designer - Land Planning #60039
Location: Manchester, NH
Autodesk is the world's leading design software and digital content company, offering customers progressive business solutions through powerful technology, products and services. Autodesk helps customers in the building, manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media, and wireless data services fields increase the value of their digital design data and improve efficiencies across their entire project lifecycle management processes. Autodesk’s suite of civil engineering and infrastructure software and services are used by GIS mapping technicians, civil engineers, land planners, and other professionals who deliver critical services in the utilities, communications, building, and government industries.
This is unique opportunity to join a growing, dynamic, fast-paced design team and help shape the future of model-based design tools in civil engineering and land planning.
As a Product Designer for Land Planning Applications, you will join a team of highly experienced and creative designers to initiate, conceptualize, and specify product features that are revolutionizing the industry. The right candidate must possess a clear passion for discovering and solving customer problems, a commitment to excellence in user experience design, and an ability to see beyond the immediate challenges, several years into the future. The ability to communicate design ideas to technical audiences through illustration, presentation, and clear descriptive language are all key competencies of this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Research user requirements through customer visits and discussions with marketing
* Translate customer requirements into innovative design solutions
* Create conceptual designs and author feature specifications
* Work with your peers in the interaction design of the user interface
* Prototype and validate concepts and designs with customers
* Work with usability specialists to ensure highly discoverable, learnable, and usable design
* Minimum 2-3 years industry experience in Land Planning
* One or more years experience as a designer for a product or service that is customer-facing (significant industry experience may be substituted for this requirement)
* Experience creating conceptual designs using diagramming to model the system
* Exceptional writing and presentation skills, demonstrated with examples
* Solid understanding of software and internet technologies
* Proven track record of on-time, high-quality deliverables
* An advanced degree or experience in an HCI-related subject, and/or civil engineering or related engineering knowledge or expertise
* Technical background and/or a demonstrable understanding of modern software development processes and concerns as they relate to design
* Self-starter, highly accountable
* Collaborative, inquisitive, and intellectually curious
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, on going employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please apply at http://www.autodesk.com/careers- Job #60039. Autodeskis proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please apply at:
Human Factors Engineer
The responsibilities for this position include creating and developing innovative and best-in-class human factors solutions.
Recruiter, Human Resources
MedPlus, Inc., a Quest Diagnostics Company
4690 Parkway Drive
Mason, Ohio 45040
(513) 229-5500 ext. 1249
(513) 229-5502 private HR fax
Associate Product Manager, Moniker, a Seevast Company
Location - New York, NY
Resumes to email@example.com
The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for conceiving and executing new product initiatives, with a focus on user experience for fast-growing domain management company: Moniker.
Daily responsibilities include:
* Research and gather requirements from business owners, marketing team, programmers, customers and other sources.
* Draft process flows, wireframes and specifications documents.
* Work closely with the design, development and QA teams to ensure that products are built to spec and on time.
* Work with the marketing team on Web site voice, product positioning and communications with customers.
* Review current product offerings to make improvements to current features and functionality.
* Acts as an advocate for our users and customers to provide an exceptional user experience.
* Possesses strong time management and project managements skills.
* Can work well in a fast-pace and constantly changing environment.
* Initiates new ideas for the company’s product offering, or for a particular product, with an eye for good design and usability.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 1-2 years of work in product management, information architecture or interaction design
* MS Office, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
* Some travel required
Moniker Online Services, LLC is a leading provider of domain name registration, management, and monetization services for individuals and businesses that wish to have a unique address and branded identity on the Internet.
Seevast operates marketing services companies that drive sales, build brands and leverage core assets for their clients. Seevast’s businesses include Moniker, the industry leader in Domain Asset Management; Pulse 360, the content-targeted sponsored links innovator; and Kanoodle, a pioneer in search-targeted sponsored links.
User Interface Designer
Integrien is looking for a creative and talented User Interface expert to manage Integriens total user experience program and deliverables for the company’s innovative product line.
* Lead the planning and design of the user interaction models and interfaces for new and existing Integrien products.
* Produce high level deliverables (i.e.. storyboards, mockups and prototypes) to effectively communicate design interaction and concepts.
* Research and analyze the usability of new and existing products to make market-driven recommendations for changes and enhancements.
* Consult with all stakeholders on user experience input and issues throughout the entire product life-cycle.
* Produce detailed style guides and detailed design specifications to provide tangible guidance to product development teams.
* Solid academic background in HCI or related field (BS or MS in Computer Science a plus).
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in interface design
* Demonstrated experience designing interfaces for complex enterprise software products
* Solid knowledge of UI/UX best practices and methodologies
* Intermediate experience with HTML and Photoshop
* Understanding of AJAX and presentation layer technologies a plus
* Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills.
Position location in Irvine, CA
Be prepared to submit work samples.
Send resumes to:
Salary starts at 90k depending on experience
Are you a creative and innovative UI designer who is looking for a fast-paced job in a start-up environment? Are you looking for a company that values those who think outside the box and has a product that you can believe in? Are you tired of your boring 9 to 5 and looking to have more than just another day job? Look no further: GUBA.com.
GUBA.com is seeking a Master UI Designer, who is comfortable translating requirements into beautiful and usable designs, and converting those designs into HTML or Flash. This is a leadership position that involves collaborating closely with product management and software engineers. You are expected to be able to rapidly generate mock-ups, create multiple design directions when necessary, be comfortable receiving feedback and design criticism, and work with the engineering team to bring your vision to life.
GUBA’s web properties are the leading places to find, share, watch and buy the most compelling video content anywhere. While we feel like a start-up, GUBA is a highly profitable, privately held company with no outside investment.
* Highly competitive salary
* Stock options
* The opportunity to work with a group of extremely bright and motivated people
* Access to whatever technology that you need
* Free lunch everyday to all employees, espresso/gourmet coffee and endless snacks
* Three weeks paid vacation, one week paid sick leave
* Convenient location in downtown SF, less than a block from BART and MUNI
* Excellent medical ,dental and vision insurance provided at zero cost to employees
* 401(k) plan
* A ping pong table, XBOX, and classic arcade game machine
* An open door policy with all levels of management
* Be obsessed with UI flow and user interaction, and be comfortable designing interaction diagrams and mock ups
* Be able to produce multiple design directions as static mock ups
* Rapidly generate mock-ups to guide the engineering team in the development of new features
* Work closely with the product managers and engineers when designing new UI elements, features or overall designs
* Implement final design deliverables and specs in HTML
* Have worked in an Agile software development organization, be able to estimate and deliver work on time, per the requirements specified
* Work with QA to find and resolve bugs, browser incompatibilities and UI difficulties
* Watch the competition, stay abreast of the latest technologies and techniques, and make recommendations for enhancements to GUBA’s products and technologies.
* Be proactive.
* Comfortable working with or around adult content
* Expert in HTML/DHTML
* Expert at creating and manipulating CSS layouts
* Experience integrating front-end code with one or more server-side scripting technologies (e.g., CGI/PERL, PHP, etc.) using a templating language like JSP or Text:Template
* Ability to understand and manage cross-browser compatibility issues
o Experience with PERL and MySQL
o Experience authoring/editing XML
o Basic graphic design skills (including: Photoshop and Illustrator)
o Flash/ActionScript experience
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please submit a brief cover letter, a copy of your resume and portfolio. Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have what it takes to work for a global Fortune 50 company? Are you looking for an opportunity to push your skills to the next level? If you are driven to create innovative solutions that take healthcare to the next level- you may be just the person we’re looking for.
Siemens Medical Solutions designs equipment and software for the healthcare industry. We improve the way healthcare is delivered each and every day. We are looking for determined, focused and passionate individuals who care as much about changing healthcare as we do. This could be your opportunity to work for an industry leader- are you ready for the challenge? If so, it will open a world of opportunities to you.
The Angiography division of Siemens Medical Solutions has an opening for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) specialist to develop Cardiac Cath Lab products. The position is located in our Hoffman Estates, IL facility.
The HCI expert will work with product management, systems engineering and software engineering to develop and document the project’s user interface, its functional requirements, as well as product risk mitigations. You will work with our customers to understand clinical workflows and clinical requirements as a basis for the UI design. You will develop user interface requirements specifications according to our standards and procedures, including UI layout and technical descriptions of the user interface.
In our organization the HCI specialist is responsible for:
* Requirements Analysis - Analyze product requirements and develop user interface requirements.
* Human Factors Engineering - Understand and develop requirements for human-system interfaces.
* User Interface Design - Design the product user interface according to standards and best practices.
* Prototyping - Develop functional, operational, physical, and user interface architectures for our medical products.
* Usability Studies - Conduct usability studies, develop user profiles, design usability tests, and write formal reports.
* Design Reviews - Review existing product desi
gns and identify necessary enhancements.
* Risk Management - Identify, assess, and develop mitigations to product risks based on usability and user error.
5+ years of human factors engineering experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization. Good understanding of HCI, CHI, as well as UI modeling and prototyping techniques with emphasis on use cases is needed. The successful candidate should also fulfill the following requirements:
* Excellent knowledge about user interface design in PC based medical systems using Microsoft Windows XP operating systems.
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to marketing, managers, and technical staff.
* Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audience including the clinical community, product management and engineers are essential.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team.
* Produce excellent results with minimal supervision.
* Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
* Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
BS in Human Factors Engineering, BS in Computer Science with major in HFE/HCI, or equivalent field required. Masters degree a plus.
Please visit our career website at http://www.usa.siemens.com/careers and enter requisition ID 41815 at the job search page. Siemens Medical Solutions is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and an equal opportunity
text starts here