Reasons to Attend UPA 2006 Conference
By DeeDee DeMulling and Carol Smith
DeeDee DeMulling and Carol Smith are UPA 2006 Conference
Reasons to Attend
The UPA conference is a chance to spend a few days with people "just
like you" - interested in usability, design, and how we use our skills
to create better products, processes, and services. The setting is collegial
with opportunities to network, debate, and just hang out during breakfasts,
lunches, and dinner on Thursday night.
Here are some great reasons to attend UPA 2006:
- Take advantage of wonderful educational opportunities while attending
cutting edge tutorials, workshops, presentations, and posters.
- Review the best practices of leading companies by attending case study
- Expand your toolkit with new ideas and new techniques.
- Preview books and buy from each of the speakers present, as well as
some of our favorites.
- Celebrate the importance and value of usability to successful design.
- Attend a workshop, then publish and present your findings at the conference.
- Contribute your thoughts, ideas and opinions to issues facing our
- Meet your next employer or employee.
- Return home inspired and motivated to make a difference in your organization!
- Link up seasoned professionals with new comers to the field.
- Match faces to the names you know from books and e-lists. Meet them!
- Explore the Idea Market to share experiences and thoughts.
- Tour hands on exhibits of products specifically for our profession.
- Spend a few days with folks who don't question the value of what you
- 'Make 400+ new friends and catch up with old colleagues.
- Take a trip to see the Rocky Mountains!
- Have a good time!
- Get a free bag!